Vibrant ‘bright lights’ silver-beets and lettuce are stretching upwards to flower and seed.
Which eyes do I see this through?
- The immediate needs of my ‘foodie’ self who wants leaves to eat and these are now past their best so rip them out?
- Or the eyes of the long-term food gardener wanting seeds to plant next year?
- Or the permaculture gardener thrilled with the nectar and pollen food source for many bees and other beneficial insects?
- Or the landscape designer in me who delights in the tall stately structures and vibrant colors?
- Or the artist who would love to immortalize the moment in a painting? (if I had such skills; I can dream)
- Or the appreciator of the beauty (‘beauty is in the eyes of the beholder’ )
Which eyes am I seeing through?
Which would I prefer?
Which would you prefer?